Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26 - gw

Day 8 and still having fun!
Temps today 49 - 73 degrees. Skies clear with a few clouds. No rain.... all good stuff.

We left Jasper around 8:30 heading for Grande Prairie then to Dawson Creek. Miles and miles of backwoods Canada from Jasper to Grand Prairie. I never imagined trees as far as the eye can see. We passed a sign saying next gas 135 km (80 miles), and for that period, we saw few cars (only saw 3 going North in the entire time). Beautiful scenery, though today was void of mountains, that included forests which then turned to farmland at Grand Prairie and on to Dawson Creek. Very strong winds between GP and DC. I guess I know why GP is called GP. For awhile I thought we were back in South Dakota; the winds were so strong.

Dawson Creek is Mile "O" of the Alcan highway. We begin riding on that road tomorrow morning.

A note for Bridgette - my favorite Doctor. I noticed you were following the blog... I was good and got my other medical check-ups before I left Michigan, but did not get to see you for by overdue pelvic exam. I need to make an appointment with you when I get back. The last appointment on you "short day" might work for a lunch as well. I am sure I will need food after the exam.

1 comment:

  1. brigitte just called ........she's busy that day:) i hope you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete